Thursday, January 11, 2007

FP!


Dear all,

Over the past 4 weeks I have been creating a small application with the help of some people on the irc channel #wiidev that will display and edit mii binary files without the need of a wii.

The main goal of this, is to have a run-anywhere application whereby a user can upload a binary file from their wiimote, and in return, be given an editable viewable abusable mii picture that can be used on anything from forum signatures, to high res versions that can go onto tshirts, baseball caps..

Currently we are in alpha stage. Most of the mii binary is now fully understood, and the mii data is being broken down into sections. We know what eyes, eyebrows, noses and faces fit where.

If you wish to help, either with creating miis to help document the format, or by creating high res graphics that can be used with the viewer then please contact me. I am especially interested in people who can create high quality 3D models as I plan to create a 3D version once the 2D version is complete.

1 comment:

xiaNaix said...

Hi! Jose' directed me to your project. I'm willing to help out however I can, beta testing, etc. Also, if you plan on calling your app "Mii Workshop" I own miiworkshop .com and .net I can point them wherever need be. I also have miiplaza.com and miiparade.com pointed at Jose's site and some other Mii-related domains.

- xiaNaix -
wiinewz@ps2-scene.org